Our new audiology service is now being provided by Diamond Hearing Centre with lead Audiologist Sharon Charnock.
Sharon previously worked with the Jane Smellie team for over 2 years.
Sharon has been a registered Audiologist (RCCP) AND Hearing Aid Dispenser (HCPC) for 29 years and is a member of British Academy of Audiology (BAA) & British Society of Audiology (BSA). She has extensive experience in audiology and hearing aid provision. Following 14 years in the NHS Sharon moved to Starkey Laboratories; one of the world’s top six hearing aid manufacturers. Starkey specialise in the research and development of the latest hearing aid technology.
Sharon’s role at Starkey was in education, training and technical support. After a 15-year career with them she moved into the private sector and then started her own business in 2014.
Sharon has an unrivalled background of experience which is available to you or a family member, at Jane Smellie Opticians.
Advice and assistance in helping people understand hearing loss.
- Do you find you often have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you have trouble hearing in noisy environments?
- Are people mumbling more?
- Is the TV louder than it used to be?
- Are you avoiding going out to busy restaurants/pubs?
These are all signs of hearing loss and just like your eyes, your hearing needs to be checked regularly.
- Microsuction and irrigation at a new lower price of £40 for one ear and £60 for two ears.
- This affects 30% of the population, with 10% living with persistent tinnitus. Sharon is in fact one of those people and will offer you first class advice and support for this debilitating condition.
Full audiometric assessment
- With a visual inspection via otoscope and / or video otoscope.
- Word testing – to look at the components of speech that you’re missing out on.
- A full explanation of the results will be provided at the end of the examination.
- Bespoke hearing aid solutions recommended if required.
- Full explanation of accessories and customisable technology available.
Home visits available on request
- Prices for wax removal will be dependant on distance away from branch. Starting at £80 for two ears.
Hearing aid prices start from £800